Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
*****ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE APPLY USING THE LINK BELOW*****
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Welder.
1. Multi pass TIG welding of Steel, Stainless Steel is required and Aluminum is preferred.
2. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
3. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following: A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) process.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Welding Qualification Tests for GTAW (Steel, Stainless Steel and Aluminum). (40 hours)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours)
3. Welders Vision Test (5 minutes)
4. SubSafe (4 hours)
Prior to performing work at Newport News all Welders must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Newport News welding school.
1107 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.