Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: San Diego
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92113
We are hiring experienced Outside Machinists for a major ship builder/repair company in San Diego. Helper to Journey level.
1. Outside Machinists will be responsible for removing, repairing, overhauling, installing and aligning main propulsion machinery, auxiliary systems such as condensers, compressors, pumps, forced draft blowers, main feed pumps, valves and other mechanical equipment.
2. Install, adjust, set and repair or replace various control. Regulating or safety devices such as meters, gauges, valves, governors and automatic alarms. Test or assist in testing of shipboard machinery.
3. Lays out passage holes on bulkheads, decks, and other surfaces for connections, for example shafting and steam lines.
1. Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and schematics.
2. Outside Machinists must be able to use and sometimes set up portable and fixed machine tools such as boring bars, milling machines, drill presses, lathes, hand and power tools. Candidates must be able to use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, height gauge, depth gauge, micrometers and tape measures.
3. Candidates must be able to work as part of a team and may be asked to work weekends and overtime.
Location: San Diego, CA 92113
Please contact our office at 619 468 2372
73 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.