[Welder] Sheet Metal Fillet-Welders needed ASAP!
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Immediate Need for Sheet Metal Fillet-Welders with the following experience.
Experience: Four years of experience as a first class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
1. Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
2. Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
3. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
4. Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
5. Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, shears etc.).
8. Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding– single-pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074-AQ-GIB-010/248).
1. Rigger/Material Handling
2. Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
3. MIG/TIG Welding.
4. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
- Must be U.S. citizen or National with CLEAN BACKGROUND
-Must be able to pass a Drug Screen (Hair Follicle)
- Long-term assignments (up to 2 years for some assignments)
- ACA Compliant Health Insurance Benefits Available
- Paid vacation and holidays for those who meet eligibility requirements
Compensation: Up to $27.31/Hr. DOE & Contract plus $110.00/day per diem for those who qualify
For further consideration APPLY HERE . To speak with a recruiter call 1-800-766-2701 Walk-ins are welcome to apply at 615 Lynnhaven Pkwy., Suite 101, Virginia Beach, Va. 23452 or 11835 Cannon Blvd., Suite 105B, Newport News, VA. 23606 Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
To speak with a recruiter call 1-800-766-2701
Walk-ins are welcome to apply at 615 Lynnhaven Pkwy., Suite 101, Virginia Beach, Va. 23452 or 11835 Cannon Blvd., Suite 105B, Newport News, VA. 23606
Job Types: Full-time, Contract