Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23607
Boiler Plant Operator
HKA is hiring Boiler Plant Operator in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
$120 per diem (if eligible)
• 6+ years of experience in the operations of 600psi and above marine type boilers.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle.
• Knowledge of boiler water/feed water chemistry.
• Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants through all transient load changes and conditions.
• Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. ( Console Operator)
• Experience in the operation of burner management systems.
• Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal)
• Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system.
• Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm)
• Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore-based storage tanks.
• Experience in the regeneration of grade “B” water systems.
• Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers.
Apply today to get started!
62 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.