[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 513791
Posted By: Riley Power Group
Posted On: 2019-02-10 00:04:02
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Sheet Metal Mechanic] Sheet Metal Worker (Fillet Welder) Long term work
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking first- class Sheet Metal Workers for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of four years commercial/ naval sheet metal experience as a first-class Sheet Metal Worker in the installation of foundations, ventilation, bulkheads, shipboard furniture and sheet metal fabrication shop work.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Ability to comprehend complex ventilation assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
• Ability to comprehend fractional and decimal dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment.
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Experience using small hand tools (electric drills, grinders, rivet guns), and shop equipment (drill press, press break, hears, etc.).
• Carbon Steel Fillet Welding (512) Qualification: Fillet Welding- single pass (NAVSEA Technical Publication 39074_AQ_GIB 010/248).
• Must pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and 7-year background check.
• Rigger/ Material Handling
• Mobile Equipment (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
• MIG/ TIG Welding
• Burning- Oxygen/ Propane Burning Torch
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 3
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
149 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.