[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 513794
Posted By: Riley Power Group
Posted On: 2019-02-10 00:04:02
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Shipfitter] Shipfitter Tack and Burn Long term work
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking Skilled Shipfitters (Tack & Burn) for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Four years of commercial/naval experience as a first class Shipfitter.
Skills and other Requirements:
• Single Pass Tack Welding.
• Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
• Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
• Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
• Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
• Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
• Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipbuilding, steel fabrication, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns).
• Must pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and 7-year background check.
• Rigger/Material Handling
• Optical instrument experience (Level, Transit)
• Shipwright / Erect & Set experience
• Tank Testing
• Air Carbon Arc Gouging
• Mobile equipment operation (JLG, Scissor Lift, etc.)
Tack Welding Qualification:
Shipfitters will be required to pass a Single Pass Tack Welder Qualification Test consisting of:
• Using the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Process.
• With MIL-10718-M (A-5A) Filler Metal of MIL-E-22200/1.
• In both the Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) positions.
The Welding School will administer Single Pass Tack Weld Test consisting of:
• One (1) hour practice
• One (1) hour Vertical test
• One (1) hour Overhead test
• Visual Inspection of Weld Level I
• Six (6) hours.
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 3
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
50 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.