Marine Deck Electrician
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
* Vacation Pay.
* Health Insurance.
* Dental and Vision Plan.
* Prescription Drug Plan.
* Life Insurance.
* Short-Term Disability.
* 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
* Incentive Programs.
* Tool Purchase Programs.
* 3+yrs experience in the marine or commercial nuclear electrical field
* Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
* Work independently with proper instruction.
* Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
* General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment , bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
* Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
* Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
* A Deck Electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test. These tests will administered by NNS.
Prior to employment, all new hire candidates must clear a 10+yr Federal Background Check, 7yr employment verification, and a hair follicle drug test.