[Shipfitter] LONG TERM CONTRACT Per Diem Offered $130.00
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is hiring 10 + shipfitters for very long term contract on Whidbey Island in Washington State.
- Long Term 1 + Years
- Per Diem $130/Day
The Journeyman Ship Fitter will work primarily in fabrication, assembly, sub assembly and final erection of all structural components on Marine Vessels, to include but not limited to: hulls, superstructures, masts, pilot house, and engine rooms.
• 3+ Years experience as a Shipfitter (for Journeyman Applicants Only)
• Shipbuilding/marine, metal working experience
• Basic Blue Print Reading Knowledge
• Knowledge of Standard Ship fitting tools such as torches, saws etc.
• Safe Work Practices
• Experience working around Heavy Machinery and on lifts
• Ability to work Overtime as necessary
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. must be able to work at heights of 60 ft. Must be able to enter confined spaces using a respirator, and work in small workspaces at odd angles.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Construction or Shipyard experience a plus for entry level applicants
• Experience in aluminum and steel fabrication a plus
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.