[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is hiring 10 + shipfitters for very long term contract on Whidbey Island in Washington State.
- Long Term 1 + Years
- Per Diem $130/Day
The Journeyman Ship Fitter will work primarily in fabrication, assembly, sub assembly and final erection of all structural components on Marine Vessels, to include but not limited to: hulls, superstructures, masts, pilot house, and engine rooms.
• 3+ Years experience as a Shipfitter (for Journeyman Applicants Only)
• Shipbuilding/marine, metal working experience
• Basic Blue Print Reading Knowledge
• Knowledge of Standard Ship fitting tools such as torches, saws etc.
• Safe Work Practices
• Experience working around Heavy Machinery and on lifts
• Ability to work Overtime as necessary
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. must be able to work at heights of 60 ft. Must be able to enter confined spaces using a respirator, and work in small workspaces at odd angles.
• Good verbal communication skills
• Construction or Shipyard experience a plus for entry level applicants
• Experience in aluminum and steel fabrication a plus