[Welder] Pipe Welder Long term work possible 2 years
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Riley Power Group (RPG) is seeking Skilled Pipe Welders for a long-term position at Newport News Shipyard in Newport News, Virginia. We offer benefits, per diem and a highly-competitive salary.
Minimum of five years commercial/naval welding experience
Skills & other Requirements:
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process.
• Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes.
• Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six-inch scale.
• Successfully pass all pre-employment screenings including: respirator physical and all med quals, hair follicle drug-screen and background check.
• All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints).
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more or apply use our career portal: www.rileypowergroup.com/career-portal or call 910-420-6999 ext. 3
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.