[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PeopleReady is hiring for 10+ Aluminum Fitters for a 5 year contract on Beautiful Whidbey Island.
- Weekly Pay
- Per Diem $130.00 days worked
- Assistance with travel
- Long Term Contract
- Forms, fits, and fabricates metal structures to blue prints to build structural elements of marine vessels during all phases of construction and rebuilds.
- Performs job functions on panel line, fabrication shop, on modular jigs, or on finished assembly.
- Responsible for layout, cutting, forming, preparation, and final assembly of all work assignments.
- Uses a variety of power and hand tools, including grinder, level, tape measure, etc.
- Lays out and builds jigs for building modules and superstructures.
- Works from standard and metric engineering drawings.
- Tacks and minor welding with MIG and Arc Welding processes.
- Uses a variety of metal forming equipment such as sheers, band saws, rollers, presses, breaks, etc.
- Works with Oxygen/Propane cutting torches and plasma cutters.
- Knowledge of shipyard safety practices, vessel terminology and use of scissor and boom lifts.
- Responsible for safe work practices and housekeeping procedures.
- Work as a member of a team demonstrating skills to adapt, interpret and problem solve.
- Responsible for expressing ideas concisely and clearly, both orally and in writing
Respond with most current resume