Structural TIG Welder (325431)
[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Four years of NNS or naval shipyard experience as a first class Welder.
Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes:
SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding)
GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding)
GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
A. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
B. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
C. Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
D. All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding) process.
E. Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
Clean background and able to pass a hair follicle drug test
1. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
2. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
3. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
4. Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
5. Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges.
Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
1. All Welding Qualification Tests in "A" (6 hours), "B" (12 hours), "C" (4 hours) above.
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
3. Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
4. Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour).
Prior to performing work at Newport News all Welders must successfully pass, without training, the above tests at the Newport News welding school.