[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
PLEASE APPLY VIA OUR WEBSITE - FOLLOWING THE LINK POSTED IN THIS AD WILL ENSURE THE PROMPT DELIVERY OF YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION TO OUR STAFFING DEPARTMENT.
Riley Power Group RPG is now accepting experienced Pipe Welder applications for FUTURE work in the Newport News area of Hampton Roads. This position is LONG TERM and is shiftwork. The position requires a 7-year Background Check to include work/residence/criminal history as well as a physical to include a respirator fit test and a hair follicle drug screen. To expedite your resume delivery to our staffing department please use the URL link to our Career Page and apply by uploading your current resume and filling out the required information. Once you apply online, we will contact you as positions become available. Riley Power Group offers competitive wages and benefits after 90 days. Per Diem is paid to those who meet the contract specifications.
Minimum - Five years of commercial/naval experience as a Journeyman/First Class Pipe Welder.
Skills & other Requirements:
• Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process.
• Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel and copper nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes.
• Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
• Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
• Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
• Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six-inch scale.
Welding Qualifications: The Welding School will administer tests for the following qualifications:
1. Welders Vision Test (5 Minutes)
2. Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 Hours)
3. Pre-heat and Interpass (1 hour)
4. Fire Watch CBT (2 hours)
5. Torch Safety test and practical (3 hours)
6. Welding Qualification tests for: 503, 502, 541, 725, 506, 659, 556, 650, 664 and 557 (Testing will run approximately 2½ weeks).
• All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes.
• Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints).
RPG is a specialty welding company led by a seasoned management team with decades of applicable industry experience. RPG has a wealth of industry relationships and contracts that share a few common denominators: integrity, teamwork and safety. We are looking forward to hearing from you! To learn more and apply, use our career portal link provided in this listing.
RILEY POWER GROUP - RPG IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER - Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. RPG is a Drug Free Workplace and an E-Verify Employer.