[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR has a need for Local Pipefitter Helpers in Jacksonville, FL
Full Time/ Long Term/ Shipyard/ Paid Weekly/ Benefits available
Must have two (2) years of related experience, some of which in the maritime repair environment.
A pipefitter Helper assists with the removal, repair, targeting, laying out, fabricating, installing, and testing of marine piping systems Repair and fabrication includes the use of hand and power tools. Additional tasks associated with this position include assisting with the blanking and pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing). The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, and general correspondence.
2. Must have a basic knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartments.
3. Must be fire watch certified.
4. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information verbally and in writing.
6. Must have a basic knowledge of pipe fitting theory.
7. Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
8. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
9.) Must be able to access Naval base- no felonies on background
10.) Must be able to pass a drug test
Text Bridget 251-216-9983
Call Bridget 757-873-5900 ext 181