[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is currently seeking Marine Deck Electricians in Newport News, VA: Transitioning or former Navy personnel and current Reservists are strongly encouraged to apply for both cleared and uncleared positions.
Shipyard Helpers with DoD Clearances are also urged to apply.
Per Diem available when qualified.
US Citizenship Required.
Marine Deck Electricians 10+ Positions
The Deck Electrician must have three (3) or more years of experience in Marine or Commercial Nuclear experience
1.Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages.
2. Work independently with proper instruction.
3. Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.).
4. General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment , bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
5. Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
6. Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
7. A Deck Electrician will be required to pass the Stud Shooting training class and the associated vision test.