[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is currently seeking Pipe Fitters in Newport News and Norfolk, VA: Transitioning or former Navy personnel and current Reservists are strongly encouraged to apply for both cleared and uncleared positions.
Shipyard Trades Workers with D.O.D. Clearances are urged to apply.
US Citizenship Required.
Per Diem available when qualified.
Call or Text us at: 757-873-5900
Pipe Fitter DOD Clearance Required 18
Five (3) or more years as a marine, commercial nuclear, or petro/chem First Class Pipefitter.
Required Experience / Qualifications:
1.Able to read and interpret ship piping drawings.
2. Experienced fitting carbon steel, CRES, and copper nickel piping.
3. Ability to end prep piping by hand and/or with Wach or Portsmouth Machine.
4. Knowledge in installing pipe hangers.
5. Ability to read a ruler using inches and tenths.
6. Ability to prep and fit-up backing rings.
7. Ability to clean cut/break pipe with a grinder.
8. Ability to hand prep V bevels.
9. Experience in fabrication of various details and assemblies from drawings.
10. Ability to bend pipe from template and in the use of a hand bender.
11. Ability to fit welded sockets.
12. Ability to fit brazed joints with/without insert ring.
EOE M/F Vet