[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Aerotek is seeking qualified shipyard workers interested in contract opportunities on Navy vessels in the Bremerton Shipyards. Considered candidates will have specific experience from the Navy AND/OR a shipyard setting.
Positions Hiring For:
- 1st Class Structural Welders, Shipfitters, Pipefitters
- Marine Electricians
- Cable Pullers
- General Labor/Firewatch
- Stick welding (SMAW)
- Flux-Core Welding (FCAW)
- Cut, lay out and fabricate shipboard metal parts; plates, bulkheads, frames, etc.
- Brace metal into position within hull of ship for riveting or welding
- Lays out position of parts on metal (Tack welding)
- Work from blueprints, drawings, schematics specific to Naval vessel
- Able to read, interpret and apply drawings and specifications to determine installation requirements
- Need to have working knowledge of electrical trade mathematics and formulas in order to calculate voltage, amperes and resistance requirements to determine size and types of materials such as controls, switches, distribution panels, fuses, cables and conduit size
- Able to use electronic measuring devices such as voltmeters, ammeters, ohmeters
- Need to wear necessary PPE that is issued by client (hard hat and saftey glasses). Steel toed boots required
- Possess basic trade specific tools for day to day tasks
- Performs a variety of General Labor tasks; lifting and moving materials, loading and unloading materials, pulling cable, shipboard firewatch, etc.
- Familiar with cable removal; installation; MCTs; lagging, painting, etc.
- Experienced with basic hand and power tools; sawsalls, drills, grinders, etc.
- Possess basic wrenches, tin snips, pliers, channel locks screw drivers etc.
- Support Structural Welders performing firewatch duties
- Assist various trades in additional shipboard labor tasks
- Attend OSHA 10 Maritime training and Firewatch Certification
- Previous experience (Navy AND/OR shipyard)
- Possess U.S. Birth certificate OR U.S. Passport
- Willingness to submit to drug and background screening
- High School Diploma OR Equivalent
- Proper Certifications
- 1st Shift
- 50-60 hr. per week
- Weekly Pay AND benefits
- Interview experience and resume advice
- Excellent Customer Service
If interested, apply with an updated resume today!
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.