[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
N11265139 – TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECH II – NEWPORT NEWS, VA – 12 MONTHS
ReNuke Services, Inc. is seeking a Telecommunications Tech II to support IT Field Services for network and phone support at our client site in Newport News, VA.
Performs a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems under general supervision. Completes terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment. Installs terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restores nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition. Maintains liaison with outside vendors and orders circuits and/or equipment as required. Requires knowledge of specific modems, test equipment, and terminal configuration. May develop recommendations for the combined usage of data processing and telephone system hardware and software. AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year of related experience
• Associate’s Degree and 1 year of experience.
• 2 years of related experience can be substituted for Associate’s degree.
• 4 years of non-related experience can be substituted for Associate’s degree.
• This position will not require clearance or travel. Driving of company vehicle will be required inside of shipyard and potentially Naval Station Norfolk.
• This position does not have the option for remote work.
• Knowledge and experience in network cabling i.e. CAT5 and Fiber Opti
• Experience in racking preconfigured network equipment
• Be able to perform basic continuity, test,
• Knowledge of physical network components i.e. switches, routers, T1 terminal equipment, wireless access points
• Should be experienced in office applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel, so as to document work
• Training Certifications a plus
• AA or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 1 year of experience.
Please note that to be considered for this position, you must possess all the basic/required qualifications. The candidate selected will be solely employed by ReNuke Services, Inc., not by client.
ReNuke Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.