[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Must have at least 5 years shipyard experience
6 week contract
• Use hand and power tools and testing equipment.
• Examine Electrical wiring, fiber optics, equipment, or fixtures using testing devices including Voltmeters, Ohmmeters, and Oscilloscopes to diagnose, document, and troubleshoot electrical circuits, cables, equipment and systems to ensure everything is functioning properly.
• Repair or replace faulty equipment or fixtures.
• Prepare work area, drill holes, grind metal surfaces, inspect and report on cableway and electrical equipment conditions.
• Install wiring, fiber optics, batteries, conduit boxes, panel boxes, cableways, motors, motor controllers, limit switches, proximity switches, hydraulic pumping units, hybrid delay, standard electronic modules, and other supplies.
• Work may involve the installation of components for new electrical systems or upgrading older systems.
• Work with limited supervision following a strict schedule.
• Prepare sketches or follow specifications according to blue prints, drawings, sketches, schematics, and wire diagrams.
• Direct or train other employees with lower class levels.
• Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Occasionally perform task outside of the trade as required.
• Implement Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures when required.