[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
This position is responsible for performing, with minimal supervision, sheet metal repairs and specialty welding on aluminum and CUNI and TIG installation on maritime vessels such as Navy Ships, Military Sealift Command ships, and commercial vessels. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology, blueprint reading, measurements, and the ability to interpret job specifications and drawings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which were in the maritime environment.
Accomplish production welding aboard ship vessels and Fabrication shop. Components to weld include but are not limited to structural parts, deck plates, bulkheads and foundations using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) and Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) processes.
• Must be able to obtain DBIDS credential/Government clearance to enter NAVSTA and Navy Vessels.
• Ability to accomplish welding processes aboard vessels and shipboard environments.
• Must be able to pass a hands-on welding practical test on SMAW, FCAW and GMAW-P (5XXX Aluminum) by way of x-ray NDT within no more than two attempts.
• Welding test will consist of full penetration butt weld test plates in three positions each; overhead (4G), vertical (3G) and horizontal position (2G).
• Full penetration welds 2G and 3G with ceramic backing, 4G with permanent backing.
• Must have own basic welder tool kit.
• Must be able to understand, read and interpret welding symbols based on the requirements of Military Standard 22-D and have working experience with Military Standard 1689, DM 10-623B and CG-47 Crack Repair Manual.
• Ability to interpret and understand NAVSEA drawings/blueprints.
• Must be able to work a variety of shifts (1st shift 6:00am to 2:30pm, 2nd shift 3:00 to 11:00).
At NSC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
• Medical Coverage
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Identity Theft Protection
• Legal Assistance
• Long Term Opportunities
• Training and Career Growth Opportunities
• The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.