[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
SHIPYARD EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!!!!!
• General assembly of steel or aluminum ships through welding using electric, gas, arc and other welding equipment.
• Determines proper equipment to be used and inspects, tests and repairs work pieces accordingly.
• Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
• Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife. Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
• Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
• Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
• Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
• Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
• Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
• Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
• Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
• Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.