[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Must be DBIDS eligible
Must have 6 years of painting experience 3 of which must be in a marine environment
1. Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
2. Musty have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
3. Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
4. Must be able to write Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
5. Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improvers, and helper.
6. Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe manner. Must be able to scrape, sand, and needle gun surface to remove old paint and rust.
7. Must be able to apply coatings with a brush, roller, or spray gun.
8. Must have knowledge a working knowledge of the different types of coating systems.
9. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
10. Must possess a basic understanding of the metric system.
Please email your resume to CayleyA@ctrc.com