[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Port Engineer – Port Moller, Alaska
Peter Pan Seafood Company, LLC., a newly formed Company in the Alaskan Seafood industry is looking for individuals interested in getting in on the ground floor of an employee friendly organization. We will work with our team members to be the safest, highest quality, lowest cost producer and the employer of choice in the Alaska Seafood industry
The right candidate will be skilled at maintenance and repair of working on vessels and or heavy machinery, vessels mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems, experienced in work with a team to complete projects; have experience with maintenance tasks requiring general knowledge of welding, electrical, machine milling, and plumbing.
Successful candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
• Observe safe work practices and wear or use required PPE at all times while working.
• Perform mechanical and technical work on diesel and gas engines, hydraulics, some gas & arc welding. This includes heavy and light duty mechanical, electrical and hydraulic repairs. Maintain and service forklifts, company vehicles, electric pallet jacks, etc.
• Diagnose mechanical problems both in shop and/or outside as needed.
• Plan with and receive direction from supervisor regarding current and upcoming projects.
• Occasionally assist other maintenance personnel with equipment maintenance and repair as directed.
• Respond to routine and urgent calls as required by supervisor.
• Examine parts and materials for defects.
• Assemble and maintain physical structures, using hand or power tools.
• Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
• Apply protective materials to equipment, components, and parts to prevent defects and corrosion.
Skills & Experience
• Must have in-depth knowledge and mechanical experience working on vessels and or heavy machinery with the ability to trouble shoot and problem solve.
• Must have in-depth diesel engine experience.
• Must have experience working on mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems on vessels.
• Must have experience operating the following equipment: hand and power tools such as saws, drills, grinders and similar other tools.
• Able to interpret electrical and hydraulic system schematics and diagrams.
• Supply own mechanic hand tools.
• Properly identify and order all necessary replacement parts.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Good interaction with fellow workers.
• Have a service oriented and a positive "can do" attitude.
• Able and willing to work overtime. Must be able to work 7 days a week, 12 or more hours a day in wet, cold conditions.
• Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to wear PPE such as safety glasses, face shields, hearing protection, gloves, dust masks and respirators. There are areas within the plant that contain moving and loud machinery.
• Must be able to work safely and effectively in a team environment.
• Safely walk & stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather).
• Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs.)
• Must have physical ability to safely reach, bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, and kneel as necessary to perform mechanic job duties.
• Must abide by company policies, state, federal and local laws.
• High School education or GED equivalent.
• Previous experience in the fishing industry highly preferred
• Demonstrated skill in working in a diverse work environment
• Basic computer skills sufficient to keep and update required data
• Demonstrated team skills
• Demonstrated willingness & ability to learn
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
• Demonstrated excellence in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive demands
• Demonstrated problem diagnosis & problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated willingness and ability to work overtime as requested
• Able to live and work in a remote location.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with little direct supervision.
• Must be professional at all times and represent the Company with the highest standards.
• Prompt and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
Must be able to work in a remote area of Alaska. This seasonal position is in Port Moller, Alaska May through September. Transportation to and from point of hire and room and board while in Port Moller are provided. Competitive wages and benefits.
Please send resume and full salary requirements to Trevor Milich at firstname.lastname@example.org