[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
NSC has an urgent need for Structural Fluxcore Welders for a long-term navy shipbuilding project in Marinette, WI.
OFFERING $25 per hour and $120 PER DIEM IF YOU MEET RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS. $26 per hour SHIFT PREMIUM FOR EVENING SHIFTS
OTHER INCENTIVES INCLUDE:
SIGN ON BONUS
ONE WEEK OF LODGING INCLUDED FOR TRAVELERS
REFERRAL BONUS - REFER A FRIEND!
This position is responsible for accomplishing production welding in a shop for fabrication, repair, and construction of marine vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, and commercial ships and barges.
QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Must have previous FCAW welding experience within a fast-production or shipyard environment
2. Must be able to pass FCAW testing on steel plates in all 3 positions (2G, 3G, 4G) - bend test
3. Welds or tack welds metal parts together, using spot welding gun or hand, electric, or gas welding equipment.
4. Connects hoses from torch to tanks of oxygen and fuel gas, and turns valves to release mixture.
5. Ignites torch and regulates flow of gas and air to obtain desired temperature, size, and color of flame.
6. PreheExamines work piece for defects and measures work piece with straightedge or template to ensure conformance with specifications.
7. Climbs ladders or works on scaffolds to assemble structures.
8. Dismantles metal assemblies or cuts scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torch or plasma-arc equipment. Positions and secures parts, using hoist, crane, wire and banding machine, or hand tools
9. Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
Must have 3-5+ years of journeyman structural welding experience
Ability to comprehend complex mechanical drawings and blueprints.
Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident for this contract
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION CALL/TEXT MICHELLE at 619-804-5898
NSC Cares! At NSC Technologies, LLC our company culture is strong! You work hard for us and in return, we want to provide you with as many benefits and resources as we can:
PER DIEM FOR TRAVELERS 50+ MILES OUTSIDE OF WORK SITE
Long Term Opportunities
Direct deposit or Global Cash Card
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training and Career Growth Opportunities
The chance to be a part of an amazing team
NSC Technologies is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC Technologies is a drug-free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.