[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is seeking Pipe Welders for a Shipyard in Newport News, VA
Pay Rates: $50.00 per Hour PLUS PER DIEM
Minimum of five years commercial/naval experience
1.Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Copper Nickel Pipe
3. Stick, TIG processes
4. Ability to mirror weld using the Stick and TIG processes
5. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
6. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
7. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
8. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six inch scale.
1. All positions using the SMAW and GTAW processes
2. Thin wall sockets (Required for below 0.187 wall joints)
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.
​CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.