[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
CTR Group is seeking Boiler Plant Operator for a Shipyard in Newport News, VA.
Pay Rate: $27.30 per Hour plus Per Diem for non-local candidates.
Six (6) or more years of experience in the operations of 600psi and above marine type boilers.
High School graduate or equivalent. Have the ability to work rotating shifts.
The person must be highly motivated and work with limited supervision.
Have the ability to read and interpret basic blue prints, technical specifications and operating manuals.
Required experience / Qualifications
1. Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle.
2. Knowledge of boiler water / feed water chemistry.
3. Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants
4. Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. (Console Operator)
5. Experience in the operation of burner management systems.
6. Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal…)
7. Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system.
8. Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm…)
9. Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore based storage tanks.
10. Experience in the regeneration of grade “B” water systems.
11. Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers.
Previous military experience in boiler plant operations is a plus.
CTR Group has been a leader in its industry for over 30 years and is rated highly on Google, Indeed and Facebook for being a great company to work for. If you enjoy being a part of a great team, apply today and check out our website for more information.
​CTR Group is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected based on qualifications and defined requirements of the job, not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other protected status. Further, CTR Group encourages United States' Veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for positions for which they are qualified.