[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Shipyard / Marine Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Tradesmen International has an IMMEDIATE position for SHIPFITTERS available in Paducah. This is a LONG-TERM position with the potential for plenty of overtime each week! Looking for 1st and 2nd class fitters for 1st and 2nd shift. Please find all the necessary details below. If interested, please reach out to the contact information listed.
- Jobsite location: Paducah KY
- 1st or 2nd class.
- 1st (6a-230p, 30 min unpaid lunch) or 2nd shift (230p-1030p, 30 min pd lunch).
- Pay contingent on experience & home residence location
:: Pay averages $880-$1800/week gross pay
- Cannot guarantee OT
- M-F, OT starts post 8hrs worked
- All Saturday work is 1.5x, depending on “set schedule”
- All Sunday work is 2x, depending on “set schedule”
- Travel/lodging is the responsibility of employee
SCOPE OF WORK/JOB DUTIES:
- Repair work on towboats & river barges.
- Some new construction, based on client need.
- Primarily working with stainless steel, some carbon work will be needed.
- Must have ability to read & interpret blueprints/drawings.
- Ability to layout from blueprints modules & assemblies for the construction of barges, towboats, & marine equipment.
- Basic torch & tack test.
- 2 cut tests (S or i-clip).
- Cut piece of practice pipe (not to size).
- Wash a weld, save both pieces of metal.
- Tinted face shield.
- Basic hand tools (tape measure, speed square, striker, etc).
- Basic PPE.
- Tradesmen International interview/new hire documentation.
- Professional reference checks.
- Pre-employment skills test - onsite.
- Pre-employment medical, including drug test, physical, and respirator fit test (must be clean shaven).
- Pre-employment orientation/I9 completion with site coordinator.
Skills test, medical, & orientation done on the same day – you will start work the next day, if cleared.
- Primary Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary Email: email@example.com
BEST WAY TO APPLY:
Email your updated resume to the email above to be set up with a phone interview.
Join the Tradesmen Team and enjoy great benefits such as:
- Vacation Pay.
- Health Insurance.
- Dental and Vision Plan.
- Prescription Drug Plan.
- Life Insurance.
- Short-Term Disability.
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing Savings Plan.
- Incentive Programs.
- Tool Purchase Programs.
- Positions available for local & non-local candidates
- Per diem paid for days worked