Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Planet Forward is currently seeking an Electrical Utility Estimator in support of project work in the Greater Philadelphia region. Please see the position overview below and forward all questions of interest, along with an updated resume to Laura Conner at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is solely looking for individuals local to the Philadelphia area OR are near enough to interview and relocate at their own expense.
• Our client is looking for a Junior Estimator in support of heavy industrial projects (Power, Substation, T&D, process, etc...)
• Prepare budgets & detailed estimates specifically for high voltage Transmission & Distribution and Substation Projects.
• Overnight travel on an as needed basis is expected.
• Attend Pre-Bid meetings.
• Work with and become familiar with hard bid T&E and EPC projects.
• Prepare material takeoffs and assist in procurement of materials.
• Pricing of projects based on experience and cost history
• Assist management in presenting estimates to clients
• Create and maintain historic estimating cost files
• Work independently to interpret customer bid requirements to assemble detailed and complete Labor, Material, Equipment, and Expense summaries for review and closing.
• Provide assistance to project managers and field personnel.
• Interface with clients and contractors during pre and post-tender applications to develop effective business relationships.
• Conduct cost analysis at completion of project.
• Support the field as required by assisting in drawing review, scope review and changes.
• Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related degree from accredited program desired
• Understanding / proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Consideration will be given to candidates with equivalent education and/or field experience.
• Familiar with medium voltage, distribution voltage and low voltage/fiber wiring systems.
• Familiar with Switch Yard and outdoor substation systems.
• Experience in quoting a vast array of project sizes ranging from Service and Maintenance to large multi-disciplined turnkey projects.
• Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks effectively.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
21 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.