Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
POSITION WILL BE WORKING IN THE LIGHTING DIVISION-SPECIFICALLY OUTDOOR LIGHTING.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• Maintain knowledge of product line including technical characteristics to produce effective lighting layouts.
• Draft designs may be produced by others, but the incumbent is responsible for overall preparation, accuracy, review, and deadlines.
• Accurately evaluate options to design safe, reliable, and cost effective electric distribution facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial projects according to Duke Energy policies, procedures and standards.
• Primary face-to-face contact with customers both internal and external, requiring extensive communication.
• Evaluate electrical loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system to provide cost effective system expansion that maximizes safety and service reliability.
• Also may complete follow up activities associated with the investigation, mitigation, or prevention of outages on the electric distribution system, as well as involvement in the resolution of less complex power quality issues.
• Assist with outage restoration activities.
• Minimum two year degree in engineering technology or related technical degree, or a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Technology, from an accredited school
• Possess valid driver's license.
• Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Windows Office based applications.
• Previous experience working with the public.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively and communicate with internal and external customers about their needs (possesses good interpersonal skills).
• Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
• Self-directed and self-motivated team player & Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others
• TWO YEAR DEGREE IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
• Previous experience in electric distribution engineering or other related field.
• Basic knowledge of utility electrical distribution system
• Previous experience with drawing tools such as MicroStation & Competent user of MicroStation
• Familiarity with outdoor lighting products – fixtures, poles, etc. & ability to create construction drawings for outdoor lighting products – fixtures, poles, etc.
• Knowledge of local lighting ordinances and IES standards
• Ability to read and understand detailed project plans and visualize end product after construction.
• 1-3 years of drafting or technical experience
• Demonstrably good analytical skills and decision making skills. WORKING CONDITIONS - Office based environment with extensive field work outdoors in all weather and around electric distribution facilities, general public premises and construction sites.
• After-hours response to outage restoration, including regular call out duty and potential out of town travel.
• Potential to work overtime
Ideal Candidate would have a 2year Engineering Technology degree, Project Management & Multi-tasking experience, be extremely well organized, highly proactive, and have wonderful work ethic. They must be a great communicator as this position deals with external customers (including city leaders) and must be able to deliver on the work that is promised. Utility experience is a major plus, will also consider experience with the Department of Transportation. This position in particular will work mostly in MicroStation.
46 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.