Director, Commercial Operations
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on March 21, 2017 at 02:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29673
The Director, Commercial Operations will manage and lead fast-paced, cross functional teams in the development and execution of winning deal strategies, proposals, and contracts, evaluating competitive environment, stakeholder base, realizing price for value delivered, assuring cost information is accurate and complete, while meeting legal requirements and business financial targets.
The Director, Commercial Operations demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy
- Drive business growth while protecting the business from unacceptable risks
- Develop winning proposals to government agencies and private sector businesses for medium and high complexity deals for all projects, services and/or products
- Interface with executive leadership, engineering, project management, services, finance, legal and other teams as required, to leverage their expertise to create value propositions for the customer that are aligned with business solution offerings
- Manage the entire inquiry to order process to ensure that a compliant quality proposal is delivered within the designated time and within the designated budget, and to ensure that orders are effectively transitioned to the fulfillment team
- Lead required proposal reviews and approval meetings with senior executives and other business leaders to finalize bid strategy / offer
- Develop financial model for proposals incorporating required inputs and ensuring compliance with all business accounting standards
- Provide initial assessment of Request For Proposal and/or contract terms and conditions and ensure completion of all required reviews and approvals
- Utilize lean principles to continually improve the quote creation processes to achieve cost and cycle time reduction through relentless focus on process and metrics
- Drive efficiencies through the sharing of best practices within the region and with other regions
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 7 years of experience within Project Management, Product Management, Quotes/Proposals, Commercial Finance, and/or Field Sales
- Experience in Project Management, Contract Negotiation, and Execution of Nuclear/Non-Nuclear and/or other Energy projects
- Prior experience in Energy industry
- Ability to effectively calculate, analyze and communicate complex financial data
- Ability to effectively understand and assess complex contracts and bid documents, including government regulations
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate to senior business executives
- Strong project management and technical skills
- Ability to effectively influence and lead large cross functional teams comprising numerous business disciplines
- Experience with direct customer interactions, presentations, and relationship building
- Experience negotiating with internal and external customers
- Experience writing proposals and managing contracts
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Strong process design and operation skills required
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
389 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.