Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 35601
Premier Power Maintenance defines its services in six primary areas: Safety Training, Engineering, Installation, Commissioning, Preventative Maintenance, and Repair. Our goal is to provide customers with a safe, dependable, and uninterrupted power supply. We invest heavily in redundant tooling, test equipment, and employee training, which helps ensure an immediate and effective response to any service request. We have highly qualified field service personnel capable of assuring our customers that any and all emergencies will be handled promptly and professionally. We take pride in our safety and unparalleled expertise in the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Execute mechanical and electrical tasks on equipment utilized in Power Transmission,
Distribution, and Generation
· Read and interpret manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams in order to troubleshoot
and solve equipment problems
· Troubleshoot, repair, replace and clean all components in a substation
· Must have extensive knowledge and be able to perform a majority of the following tasks:
· Transformer testing – Power Factor, TTR, Insulation resistance, SFRA, winding
resistance and leakage reactance
· Cable testing – Insulation resistance, Tan Delta, VLF, Hipot, TDR and cable
· Low, medium and high voltage circuit breaker testing – Insulation resistance,
contact resistance, Power Factor, breaker timing, SF6 gas analysis, CT testing,
high current testing, secondary injection tests, and vacuum bottle integrity tests
· Test both electro-mechanical and solid state relays
· Participate in the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment
· Plans, develops, and participates in safety meetings and training
· Must be willing to take calls and give technical advice outside of the normal workday
· Must have project supervisory experience and be able to support management in the
planning, scheduling, execution and cost management of field projects
Knowledge and Skills:
· Ability to follow company and OSHA safety rules and practices
· Ability to diagnose complex mechanical and electrical problems
· Must have strong PC skills including Doble DTAF, PowerDB, email, internet, data entry,
and Microsoft Office
· Must be willing and able to work regular overtime, including nights, weekends, and some
· Must be willing and able to travel on overnight, multi-day, out-of-town jobs
· Must be willing to rotate emergency on-call duty and respond to customer emergencies
in a timely manner
· Must be willing to relocate to within at least a 1 hour drive from a Premier Power
· Must be able to lift and maneuver at least 50 lbs
· Must be willing and capable of working with your hands and working in the field
Education and Work Experience:
· Requires a High School Diploma or GED, Bachelors or Associates Degree in
Electrical/Electronic technology, or Military experience is preferred but not required
· Requires at least 3 years’ experience in electrical substation testing, construction,
maintenance, troubleshooting, assembly and commissioning
· NETA certified a plus, but not required
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle
· Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, as well as periodic,
unannounced random testing
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to obtain a chauffeur's license within 90 days of employment
· Must be willing to obtain a company paid TWIC card, OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E,
and CPR training
Premier Power Maintenance firmly believes that each employee is part of our family. Therefore, Premier Power Maintenance offers a very competitive benefits package, which enhances the company’s ability to compete in the job marketplace. Premier Power Maintenance’s benefit package includes 100% of premiums paid by employer for employee short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance. The benefits package also pays 100% of medical and dental insurance premiums for the employee and 50% of the premiums for dependent coverage. In addition, Premier Power Maintenance offers a generous PTO policy and 8 days of holiday pay. The company also offers discretionary bonuses, matching 401k, and a profit sharing plan. To learn more about Premier Power Maintenance, please visit our website at www.premierpowermaintenance.com.
Premier Power Maintenance is an EEO/AA employer who values and embraces workplace diversity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability and/or veteran status.
32 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.