Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 27511
Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Cary NC (local candidates only)
Contract Length: 1yr
If interested: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering & Construction Planning This position will accurately evaluate options, and design safe, cost-effective, reliable facilities for primarily new residential, commercial, single phase and three phase projects.
This position may also design street and areas lighting projects, as well as major circuit construction and rebuild projects across a geographic area.
Due to this position's customer interaction and/or job complexity, the Distribution Engineering Specialist is one of Electric Distribution's primary face-to-face contacts with key customers (both internal and external) requiring them to be self-motivated, savvy, reliable, and trustworthy; as well as technically competent.
This self-directed individual develops relationships with internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, city officials, etc., and promotes methods and procedures that maximize effectiveness.
Another purpose of this position may be to provide project information to reliability engineers to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on the electric distribution system, provide cost-effective solutions to allow for system expansion, and to maximize safety and service reliability. Furthermore, the position may be also be used to complete outage follow up and implement outage prevention measures on distribution facilities in an assigned area.
This individual may also be involved to assist in the resolution of power quality issues. .
The position may assist in the training of other engineering classifications.
It provides engineering expertise to recognize and resolve engineering problems, assists in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines.
Work contributes significantly to balancing customer service and reliability needs within capital budget constraints.
• Minimum of a two year degree in a technical discipline, such as electronics, construction, electrical, mechanical or civil engineering or technology or High School diploma with significant field experience, with progress toward two year degree requirement.
• Typically 2 to 4 years experience in Distribution Engineering
• Self directed
• Self motivated
• Team player
• Valid driver's license & vehicle
• Negotiating Skills
• Time Management
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical skills
• Decision making skills
• Basic Computer Skills
• Knowledge of Basic Electricity
• Knowledge of distribution construction standards & methods
• Comprehension of legal documents
• Understanding of Work Management systems
• Demonstrated competency in the Distribution Engineering Associate job skills.
• 2+ years distribution engineering experience
• Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies
• 2 Year Tech degree or 4 Year BS Degree in Engineering Technology
• Proficient user of PC based programs commonly used in analyzing, preparing and managing field work.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management.
• ***Previous experience in electric distribution engineering or other related field.
• Knowledge of electric distribution system operation.
• Previous experience with drawing tools such as Autocad, MicroStation.
• Previous experience working with the public.
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills.
• Experience in the utility industry.
Client is looking for someone with direct distribution utility experience.
This position will be working mainly on Commercial & Residential service extensions both overhead & Under ground in the Engineering & Construction Planning department and knowledge of electric distribution systems within a construction setting is highly desired. They will be customer-facing and must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
MExperience with WMIS & PoleForeman software would be ideal, along with 2+ years of experience, DIRECT distribution experience/knowledge, and project management/organization skills.
Manager will also consider candidates with C&M (contruction and maintenance) experience. Position will require candidate to manage multiple projects at once while coordinating between multiple parties to accomplish tasks to customer's satisfaction
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.