Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 60148
Position: Utility Professional: Technical Designer Engineer (13707-1)
Duration: 24 months
Contractor Work Location: Lombard, IL
• The managers strongly prefer prior Utility experience.
• Knowledge of Electrical Engineering Theory to be able to perform Electrical Calculations.
• Technical experience related to electrical power distribution and construction.
• Responsible for design development, equipment layouts, construction drawings and bill of materials for large projects involving the installation of new utility infrastructure and modifications to existing utility infrastructure on company’s distribution system.
• Be able to interpret and analyze customer’s electrical, architectural, mechanical and structural drawings, one line diagram and load letters.
• Analyze customer’s load information to determine a size of electrical equipment needed to provide primary power to the customer.
• Provide in-progress design coordination with architects, engineers, contractors, internal and external customers.
• Assist with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes; (e.g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints, and designs against accepted engineering principles and practices).
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing demands.
• Ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal and external parties
• Proficient in the use of all software needed to produce quality electrical design drawings such as AutoCAD, TED, Microsoft Office programs
• Conduit & Manhole design
• Understanding of Asset Suite 8 System (big plus).
• Should have a degree in architectural engineering preferably, but electrical engineering, architecture, construction management or other engineering is also acceptable but preferred in that order.
• Should have two years’ experience at a minimum where they have worked with floor plans and coordination plans.
• Base PPE will be provided and FR is not required for this role, however serviceable work shoes will be required.
• Knowledge of Asset Suite 8,
• TED / CEGIS,
Autocad, distribution systems, construction standards helpful
43 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.