Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
LEAD RELAY FIELD TECHNICIAN
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Field Services
TRAVEL: 50%-100% (Depends on region and your permanent location)
LOCATION: Raleigh, NC
Power Grid Engineering, LLC (PGE) specializes in engineering design and consultation for the power systems industry. Our offices are equipped with the most current industry resources available to ensure our customers are receiving the highest quality services. PGE’s in-house project team is comprised of technical engineers and operational professionals who work to guarantee that our product designs are consistent with client expectations. We are honored to work with various utility companies across the country and are confident that our honest and fair business practices will pave the way for continuous growth.
Lead and Perform testing/routine maintenance of Transmission and Distribution substation power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid state and micro-processor), pilot channel equipment (power line carrier, pilot wire, transfer , transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT’s, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment.
PLEASE NOTE: Most PGE Field Services Technicians are required to travel extensively for at least part of their employment. It is our policy to try and align an employee’s home location as close to their work site locations as possible, but candidates must be prepared to travel over 50 miles to work sites and out of their home state on occasion.
All employees contribute to a safe work environment, follow all safety and Human Performance best practices, and work to uphold PGE Core Values.
• Responsible for leading projects and providing direction and oversight of Field Service personnel
• Testing, including (without limitation): reading/verifying all voltage and current inputs to relays; verifying all metering (local and SCADA); calibrating all relays; trip testing (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all function switches, etc.
• Perform routine troubleshooting and repair of substation relaying and control equipment. Commission new substations, power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid state and microprocessor), pilot channel equipment (power line carrier, pilot wire, transfer, transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT’s, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment
• Plan, schedule, and complete test activities efficiently, on time, without service interruptions
• Provide Project Technical Support to Field Service personnel
• Minimum of 7 years of field experience in commissioning, panel and equipment checkout, relay calibration, testing and repairing substation relaying and control schemes
• Experience is desirable in any of the following related areas: substation design (including protection & control engineering); substation construction; substation commissioning; SCADA/Fault Data/SER/Integration-Automation equipment installation and testing
• 3 phase power systems; power system protection & control schemes; test equipment; test equipment software
• Test equipment and toll/wiring usage; interpretation of wiring and elementary diagrams; basic test skills to perform duties listed above; basic PC skills
• Quickly learn and apply test procedure for various types of substation equipment; communicate effectively with diverse groups, tailoring communication for audience and situation
• Learn and apply client’s switching procedures and safety measures as required
• Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications
• Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Valid Driver’s license and good driving record
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS:
• Quickly learn and apply test procedure for various types of substation equipment
• Associate of Electrical Technology (AET) or equivalent specialized training in system protection
• Bachelor of Electrical Technology (BET) or Bachelor in Science in Electrical Engineering
• Technical experience may be substituted in lieu of Technical Degree
The duties described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. If necessary, a reasonable accommodation may be requested and will be evaluated for its relationship to the essentials functions that must be performed.
• Job will require travel to visit client job sites
• Appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by PGE as required
• While performing duties of this job, employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects and tools
• Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus
• Power Grid Engineering, LLC participates in E-Verify. E-Verify electronically compares information entered on the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9, with records contained in Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
PGE provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees without regard to race, creed, color religion, national origin, marital status, sex (including pregnancy or gender), age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran’s status, or other protected classes.
52 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.