Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Duties: Department Summary: The LVD Engineering department at Consumers Energy produces quality, expert and efficient design services within scope and on-time to internal and external clients, to provide safe and reliable electric service to our customers.
Job Description/Responsibilities: Primarily responsible for electric distribution system design for the Low Voltage Distribution (LVD) Engineering, the LVD Engineering Technician will design projects as approved through the LVD Planning department, and as required for new business approved through the Customer Energy Management department.
LVD Planning includes distribution circuit System Owners, and CEM includes customer Project Coordinators. These are the two main internal clients of the LVD Engineering and Design department. Designs flow to Scheduling (and then to Field Construction) for execution in partnership with LVD Planning and CEM.
Key Responsibilities in this area include: Design electric distribution systems for customer relocation, capacity projects, failures or reliability improvement projects
* Design various new business projects, including line extensions (primary, secondary) and services of various degrees of difficulty, and customer types (residential, commercial, industrial, developments) Design in a CAD system
* Identify other pole attachments * Negotiate with customers and obtaining easements (or work with the Right of Way department).
* Work with government entities for permits (or work with the Permitting department) * Track projects in spreadsheets and/or databases
* Create projects and/or orders and order materials in SAP
* Communicate work to internal departments (LVD Planning, Forestry, Long and Short Range Scheduling, Field/Construction, Closeout, etc.)
* Create billing invoices * Obtaining field notes outdoors, and at times, work in remote areas on uneven terrain and/or in difficult-to-access locations
* 14 month contract
* Job Located in Michigan.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.