GIS Specialist II (6143513)
Posted by: Aerotek on October 12, 2017 at 10:20:02.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: New Albany
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 43054
- Utilizes Geographic Information System techniques to provide a better understanding of certain variables in a given geographic location.
- Extracts data from GIS software and uses varying analysis methods to arrive at results.
- Recommends appropriate reactionary strategies in response to GIS analysis. -
Provides maps and data sets to clients to supplement analysis. Knowledgeable of GIS software and technology.
- Works in conjunction with CADD drafters and technicians.
Position will work closely with Transmission GIS and Engineering staff and will be primarily responsible for maintaining Data Integrity of our various GIS databases. Including, Data Governance, QA/QC process development, Database administration and development and managing variant Data requests, dashboard development and ad hoc reporting.
- Create, revise and maintain technical data used for reports, maps and sketches.
- Create, revise and maintain material and property equipment records.
- Obtain information required to perform work from multiple resources including; verbal/electronic communications, sketches marked drawings, field notes, vendor catalogs, technical reference manuals and engineering design files.
- Assists in providing primary software maintenance including updates, patches and database model changes.
- Work with other organizations of the company to resolve discrepancies to assure that data reflects accurate field conditions and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements..
- Partners with technical staff to understand problems with software and provide input into problem resolution.
- Integrates, coordinates and supports the geographic, cartographic, remote sensing and global positioning systems (GPS) concepts and principals in resource data management and displays those using Windows-based systems, computers, GPS and computer software that include cartographic data translation software.
- Ability to develop, manipulate and edit vector and raster data sets through a variety of Methods
- Expertise with GPS methods for collection of data.
- Use data mining and analytics techniques to help identify, prioritize, and solve complex problems
- Collect stakeholder requirements and translate those requirements into operational dashboards and ad hoc analyses
- Actively work to improve the role by driving out defects and data variability
- Use data to construct a narrative of what is happening in the business and take responsibility for data integrity
- Create dashboards, visualizations, and analyses that surface insights and drive key business decisions
- Understanding of database development concepts.
- Understanding of Data Governance concepts and standards
- Understanding of analysis of geospatial data.
- Understanding of ESRI's ArcGIS application platform. (Data Reviewer,Inisights, Portal, Pro)
- Experience with handling KMZ or KML files or working knowledge with open source GIS solutions.
- Basic understanding of Python, SQL,R or other scripting language and web application configuration
- Some travel required.
- Ability to work/travel outside of normal business hours.
- Basic understanding of Agile Dev environment
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
59 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.