Posted by: Aerotek on October 12, 2017 at 10:20:02.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Glen Burnie
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 21240
NOW HIRING: SR AutoCAD Designer
This position is responsible for developing engineered pipeline construction plans in an AutoCad and/or Microstation platform; receiving roughly designed concepts from engineers and transforming them into (CAD) working documents; developing detailed construction drawings, topographical profiles, and related maps and specifications used in planning and constructing gas pipeline projects; plotting maps and charts showing profiles and cross-sections, indicating relation of topographical contours; drafting detailed drawings of structures; and accompanying survey crews in the field to collect field dimensions or to collect data required for revision of construction drawings. This position is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications and is capable of completing a project from start to finish with little engineer assistance.
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology or higher degree
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCad or Microstation software
- Five years prior experience preferred in civil design in the gas pipeline industry
- Ability to perform civil design drafting in a 3D environment is a plus
- Knowledge of SmallWorld and/or ESRI GIS platforms is a plus
- Strong work ethic with desire to work in a production environment
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Calculating lay out rights-of-way and/or street dimensions and angles
- Constructing dimensional relationships of one part to another and a relationship of various parts to entire project, utilizing knowledge of engineering practices and mathematics
- Creating a preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawing, using computer-assisted design/drafting equipment
- Extracting data imported from a ground survey and creating contour drawings to be used for soil erosion and sediment control drawings.
- Designing concrete and steel supports, including above- and below-ground supports, as they relate to supporting pipe in the gas pipeline industry
- Modifying drawings as directed by engineer or design coordinator
- Creating as-build drawings upon completion of project
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
Qualified candidates will send their resumes to Nicole Vertescher at the email provided.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
46 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.