Electrical Engineer - System Protection (6154750)
Posted by: Aerotek on November 14, 2017 at 03:40:01.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 40391
Company Description Below: All Specialties:
- Responsible for developing reports and work plans which recommend action considering short- and long-range objectives, economic and budget considerations, etc.
- Responsible for the training and development of other less experienced engineers.
- Develops and coordinates individual project work plans and manages through completion taking needed corrective action. Informs Supervisor and Department Manager of any major developments or changes in direction of the project.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of all Departmental, Divisional and Cooperative goals and developing projects that will aid in their achievement.
- Maintains awareness of all relevant RUS procedures, specifications, NEMA, NEC, NESC, ANSI, IEEE, etc., applicable standards.
- Maintains technical expertise and awareness of field by staying abreast of the industry.
- Initiates status report for all assigned projects and keeps Management informed on progress.
- Assists in preparing monthly and weekly status reports for the section.
- Manages multiple projects including the preparation of job status reports on projects for review.
- Collaborates on the preparation of work plans and monitors actual progress of applicable portions, taking any corrective action required.
- Organizes and sponsors training sessions and seminars for Engineer Technicians, construction crews, and other Engineers.
- Prepares work order estimates.
System Protection and Control:
- Provides technical assistance/support for system protection and power engineering to members systems, G&T Operations, G & T Maintenance, Generation Production and Transmission planning.
- Prepares construction, equipment, and material specification and provides project management for protection and control projects in G&T Expansion and/or Generation Production.
- Investigates and develops new technologies and ideas in system protection in order to improve reliability.
- Develops and/or applies new technologies to transmission facilities to achieve an acceptable level of power quality.
- Provides all NERC / SERC compliance support related to transmission system protection standards (PRC standards) and SERC PCS committee representation.
- Develops and works with digital computer programs as needed (fault/relay coordination studies, loss evaluations, digital fault record analysis, relay setting database management).
- Provides system protection inputs in establishing the arrangement and location of substation facilities.
- Designs electrical one-line, three-line, relaying schematics, cabling requirements, and control house layout drawings for transmission facilities.
- Provides protective relay settings as required for new transmission/ distribution substations and upgrades. Modifies existing relay settings as required to re-establish proper coordination.
- Performs routine and area coordination studies for foreign utility entities and system facilities upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school required. *Registered Professional Engineering license in the Commonwealth of Kentucky preferred.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible engineering work experience required, with the majority of this experience in the area of electric power system engineering.
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
160 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.