Estimator (Transmission and Substation)
Location: Plainfield Office - Plainfield, IN (1000 E Main St, 46168)
Duration: 1 year
Local candidates STRONGLY preferred.
Manager will pay per diem up to $100/day (days worked only, max $600/week, manager must approve weekend work) if needed.
• Prefer a BS in Engineering or Construction Management or 8 years of relevant field experience and minimum of 5 years estimating transmission line and substation project costs.
• Frequent travel to project locations will be required; most trips will be day trips but an occasional overnight stay will be required.
• Determine quantities of pre-defined units of labor for the construction of: Overhead transmission lines from 44kv to 230kV Substation below grade facilities from 44kV to 230kv
• Identify and estimate the labor hours for work not covered by the pre-defined units: Overhead transmission lines from 44kV to 230kV Substation below grade facilities from 44kV to 230kV
• Substation above grade facilities from 44kV to 230kV (excluding installation of relays)
• Prepare estimates for use in planning, organizing and scheduling work
• Analyze drawings and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates
• Conduct periodic site visits to confirm work methods and work approaches are consistent with the estimate
• Assess project cost performance by tracking actuals against contractor bids or the project estimate
• Communicate with engineering, construction or sub-contractors on proposed changes and adjustments to cost estimates
• Prepare cost reports and projections as requested by management
• Establish cost monitoring and reporting mechanism and procedures
• Establish a mechanism to continuously update cost and man-hour databases
• Communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates to obtain and supply information
• Communicating with persons outside the organization including sub-contractors, the public or regulators as directed by management
• Securing information by observation, email, telephone, corporate databases and the Internet
• Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships
• Estimating sizes, distances and quantities and determining time, costs, resources, equipment and materials required for specific work activities
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to identify the best solutions to problems
• Organizing, planning and prioritizing assigned work
• Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
• Thinking creatively
• Developing and sustaining team spirit
• Using provided software and technology
• Performing assigned administrative duties
• Updating and using relevant knowledge and information
• Interpreting the meaning of information to others
• Providing consultation and advice to others
• Analyzing data and information
Required by Contingent Worker: Work boot
29 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.