Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
E7832553 – DRAFTER – LAKE CHARLES, LA – 12 MONTHS – LOCAL ONLY
Provide Drafting Services for Louisiana Project As-built Packages
Scope of Work: Contractor to provide all qualified labor and supervision necessary to complete the following services associated with the completion of Substation, System Protection and Transmission Line as-built/record drawings in backlog status, as well as edit drawings for as-built/record drawing for all new capital construction projects. These responsibilities will be maintained at specific sites located throughout the Entergy service territory.
These services shall include, but not be limited to, the following specific duties:
1. Drafting revisions on as-built/record drawing on Capital/AP projects utilizing AutoCAD (latest revision) and Entergy
2. Transmission Document Management tools in accordance to specific procedures.
3. Scanning of drawings and up loading drawings into the Document Management vault via AM Meridian.
4. Maintain local site equipment, Scanner & Plotters
5. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of EMCC electronic vault
All such services shall be performed in accordance with the following
1. All drawings to be in accordance with Entergy Drafting standards DZ103, latest revision.
2. All drawing work flow to follow Entergy Transmission Document Management using BlueCielo Meridian software.
Contractor shall utilize personnel who meet or exceed the following required skill sets and experience:
1. Proficient AutoCAD 2004 or latest version, Raster design 3 or CAD overlay tool.
2. General knowledge of Land Development Survey preferred.
3. Knowledge base on Document Management Process and concepts with secured electronic vaults.
4. The ability to read and understand Blue prints.
5. General knowledge of Windows NT operating system and Microsoft toolkit software Personal computer skills (Word, Excel, Access)
6. High school diploma or GED and drafting experience, including PC and board experience
7. Computer Aided Drafting certification preferred, at least 1 year experience performing similar services.
In addition, the following are behavioral traits/work practices considered highly desirable:
1. Self-starter, effective team member, Good attitude, good communications skills
2. Willingness to learn attitude while interfacing with engineers of different disciplines.
3. Tenacious approach to satisfying customers
4. Takes responsibility for actions; Results oriented
Should the Contractor, without Entergy's permission, replace any of its employees previously trained in Entergy's "unique systems", then the
Contractor shall bear any and all costs associated with retraining such replacement employees in any and all of the skills necessary to maintain the same level of expertise and productivity as the replaced employees.
Contractor will at all times provide a coordinator/supervisor (Contractor's Supervisor) to supervise its employees. It shall be the
Contractor's Supervisor's role to direct and schedule the day-to-day activities and manage all administrative needs of the Contractor's employees such as, but not limited to, timesheet approval, scheduling of work hours, assignment of work location(s) and scheduling of time off.
Additionally the Contractor's Supervisor will be the primary interface with Entergy's Contract Manager for receiving and scheduling all work under this agreement. It will be the Entergy Contract Manager's responsibility to make all final determination with regard to the acceptance of all finished work submitted by the Contractor for payment.
Deliverables to be provided to Entergy as part of the above services include the following, each of which is to be delivered at the time or frequency indicated:
1. Completed drawing/s packages including Switching Oneline diagrams by project capturing all revisions for record
2. As-built 30 to 60days after project in-service has been made.
3. Activity log completed weekly, due EOB every Thursday.
4. Documentation of hours worked and approved by Contractor's
Supervisor that coincides with Activity log, also to be completed EOB every Thursday.
5. All work to be completed in accordance with the Document Management
Standards and departmental processes established with AM Meridian.
25 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.