Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
if interested email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Duration- 12 months
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Utilizing industry best practices, prepare bottoms up cost estimates for Substation, Transmission, Distribution and Gas projects. Perform field walk downs with Project Team to identify potential cost bearing issues at the project site which will impact the detailed estimate. Utilize most detailed documentation available per each phase of the project estimate (phase 1, 2 and 3) for continuous refinement of expected project costs. Develop and organize estimates and analysis for both internal and external use. Perform analysis of project actuals against latest estimates and incorporate results into estimating methodology to ensure continuous improvement of estimate accuracy. Contribute to the development of short-term and long-range business planning. Provide detailed process and cash flow based on estimate assumptions to aid in the development of the project baseline. Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit. Research and provide statistical estimate and performance information. Manage estimating queue to ensure meeting estimating deadlines. Maintain and update labor and material cost / unit price database utilized for project estimate creation.
• Academic/Formal Training: Bachelor's degree in Business or Technical Field.
• 5- 8 years related experience, or in lieu of Bachelor's degree, a minimum of 9– 12 years relevant experience is required.
• Ability to build a high level or detailed estimate from a Project Diagram, detailed design, or verbal Scope of Work.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
• Ability to facilitate project meetings with all stakeholders in office or field environment to develop a project estimate.
• Strong understanding of utility industry both electric and gas systems, applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the electric and gas, distribution, transmission, and substation areas.
• Strong understanding of design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to calculate job requirements from design documents, including quantities, resource hours, duration, limitations, etc.
• Ability to provide detailed analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
• Advanced analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Ability to quickly estimate several scenarios to determine least cost technical solution.
• Customer driven with excellent oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills. Strong knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
• Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
• General proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., workforce management, project management, Asset Suite 8, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
• Proficient ability with Excel.
• Knowledge of or experience with estimating software such as WinEst, InEight is preferred
• Knowledge of estimating component of Asset Suite 8 is a plus.
• Certification in schedule management (PMI-SP, PSP or PMP) is a plus.
• Professional estimating certification (AACEI, ASPE, or SCEA) is a plus.
64 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.