Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: LAKE MARY
Country: United States
• Utilize PLS-CADD design software for pole spotting, conductor sagging, and structural analysis
• Preparation of initiation, route site, one-lines, permit drawings, plan/profile drawings, and other documents required for work package submittal.
• Utilize Auto CAD to manipulate existing and create new CAD files Summary: This is the second level of the Engineering Technologist classification. Engineering Technologist ll applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop deeper technical skills and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
• Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with some guidance.
• Conducts engineering and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
Either a graduate from a college or university with Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 2+ years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), OR 6+ years equivalent experience without a degree. Entry before described years of experience premised on management discretion over additional education obtained.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in the utility industry.
• Understanding of basic principles of project management.
88 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.