Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 15215
We are currently seeking six (6) Distribution Design Technicians, located in Pittsburgh, PA & Beaver Falls, PA areas for a 6+ month contract position.
**Local candidates only.
* Coordinate all activities involved in Utility Pole replacement.
* Prepare drawings showing pole location, the pole, and all utilities and equipment attached to pole.
* Using Work Asset Manager (WA) software, coordinate and schedule all resources needed for pole replacement.
* Works with staff design technicians to help facilitate completion of larger complex jobs.
* Works with other utility companies, municipalities, corporations and authorities regarding joint use of distribution facilities.
* Provides customers information based on request to help them through new service, relocation of facilities and upgrade of service upon request.
* Investigates reviews and analyzes load and voltage conditions to determine adequacy of distribution facilities, including location of capacitors and OCR's and recommend improvements.
* Provides data for acquisition of right-of-way and/or participates in the acquisition for distribution facilities.
Required Knowledge Skills & Education:
* 2+ years of working experience with AutoCad.
* Associates Degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or Design.
* Proficiency is MS Word, MS Excell, & MS Outlook.
* Home office with high speed internet access.
Current driverís license with clean record over the last 3 years.
* Regional Travel as required.
Preferred Knowledge Skills, & Education
Knowledge of Utility Pole Design and replacement.
Working knowledge of Work Asset Management (WAM).
Working experience with Duquesne Light Preferred.
27 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.