Job Search:
job board -- all
job board -- jobs only
job board -- add a post
           home >> electric transmission and distribution >> job board >> post

I & E Engineer

Posted by: Sirius Technical Services <> on March 04, 2018 at 00:04:02. Click here to reply to this post via Email.Click here for help with email link

Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Decatur
State: Alabama
Reply to Recruiter via Text Msg: 2514215505

Sirius Technical Services is seeking an experienced and skilled Instrument and Electrical (I&E) Engineer for a multi-disciplined engineering company located in Decatur, Al.

Job Location: Decatur, Alabama

Provide design of new and modification type I&E projects for clients in chemical processing and industrial facilities.
Recognize and communicate scope and design changes to client in a timely manner.
Estimate material, labor and engineering costs associated with I&E projects.
Prepare specifications and obtain quotations for purchase of materials and equipment.
Provide P&ID design including instrumentation and related mechanical design.
Direct designers in the development of I&E installation drawings, data sheets and specifications, to meet customer specifications and applicable codes.
Produce effective and accurate written scopes of work, technical documents, and reports.
Produce detailed design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced shall be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when required.
Prepare contractor bid packages.
Travel to various sites to gather field data and provide construction support.

Types of Projects Include:

Process instrumentation sizing and specification
Control valve sizing/specifying
Process analyzer and sample system
Control panel layout and design
Industrial low and medium voltage power distribution system design
Grounding and lightning protections systems
Electrical Power Load Studies
Cable Voltage Drop, Ampacity and Short Circuit
Power system protection coordination modeling
Arc flash hazards analysis
PLC control system modifications, retrofits and migrations

Job Qualifications:

Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited institution
Speak and read English
Ability to travel to and from various sites using standard forms of transportation
Effective analytical and reasoning skills
Excellent planning and organization skills
A minimum of 5+ years experience in chemical, refining and/or heavy industrial facilities
Proficient with Microsoft Outlook/Word/Excel
Experience following construction projects
Ability to read and interpret PFDs and P&IDs
Thorough knowledge and experience with engineering, designing and project management of I&E projects
Knowledge of technical responsibilities of other disciplines associated with electrical and instrumentation design
Thorough knowledge of the application of the National Electrical Code
Experience with chemical processing and manufacturing industries.

Physical Requirements:

Perform indoor and outdoor site visits or inspections that requires bending, stooping and climbing
Ability to work in heavy industrial locations while wearing proper personnel protective equipment (PPE)
Operate computer workstation using Microsoft Office applications and various engineering software
Job Benefits Package:

Competitive Salary based on experience
401k with matching
Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Accidental Death/Dismemberment Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Dental Insurance
Generous time off policy

Submit your resume to for review

34 page view(s)

Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.

[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs Electric Transmission and Distribution Job Board ] [ FAQ ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]

© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.