Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
• Requires Civil Construction background
• The PM position has single point accountability, or can possibly be under the general direction of a Duke Energy Project Manager (PM) or Project Director.
• This is considered a leadership position, and serves as a key player in providing leadership, management, direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of the Company.
• The Project Manager position is responsible for assisting the Site Duke Energy Project Director, with managing all phases of project planning and execution to ensure all project success factors are met, including but not limited to scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental, safety, communications, security, and integration.
• In addition, this position is highly involved in providing input for funding, budgeting and progress measurements of the assigned projects.
• The PM will also assist in driving the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, contract award, readiness reviews, mobilization, implementation, problem resolution during construction, completion, walk-down punchlist, turnover, close-out, and commissioning support.
• The PM will be a member of a team that is focused on the design, construction and safe initial operation of Coal Combustion Projects.
• The position requires a strong background in civil construction with a major emphasis on the following: Construction of structural fills, Installation of flexible membrane liner systems, Construction of concrete structures for pump stations, Demolition of existing structures, Management and control of surface water, Routing and installation of piping systems, Management and interface with construction contractors to include routine meetings, ensuring work in performed in accordance with contract requirements, reviewing and managing project change requests, reviewing and improving invoices and contractor performance, Coordination of support functions (e.g., safety, environmental, plant/station representatives, engineering, civil surveying, etc.)
59 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.