Design Technician (6271911)
Posted by: Aerotek on March 14, 2018 at 03:40:03.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Fort Wayne
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 46802
One of the country's largest utilities companies is looking to add a Design Technician to their team in Fort Wayne, IN. This is a long term opportunity that is open because of the increase in workload the company will continue to experience over the next 10+ years.
This position will be dealing specifically with the design aspect of power distribution, and is intended as the first step of a long career within the company and the energy industry. Best candidates have AutoCAD experience, basic electrical knowledge, and the willingness to learn.
- Interacting with the customers and determine what needs they might have.
- Go back and design what work needs to be done in LDPro (similar to AutoCAD)
- About 10% of the time will be meeting with customers, but the majority of this person's day will be back in the office doing design in an office environment.
- Associate's Degree or higher in related field (i.e.: Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, etc.)
- Electrical Knowledge (i.e.: know what a transformer is, electrical distribution of power, what a conductor is, etc.)
- AutoCAD experience
Our people are everything. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek Inc. has distinguished itself as a leader in recruiting and staffing services, by having a deep understanding of the intersection of talent and business. As a strategic partner to more than 17,000 clients and 300,000 contract employees every year, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantages for its clients and rewarding careers for its contract employees. Headquartered in Hanover, Md., Aerotek operates a network of over 230 non-franchised offices with more than 6,000 internal employees dedicated to serving our customers. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider. To learn more, visit aerotek.com.
87 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.