Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 20019
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Plans, directs, coordinates and craft personnel engaged in the construction, operation and maintenance of company substation equipment. Supervises resources in a manner that ensures the safe, efficient, economical, and expeditious completion of work with high regard for cost, quality and customer satisfaction to accomplish desired results. Promotes safety principles and assists in the training and development of the craft workforce. Ensures the focus and attainment of business goals and objectives. Maintains an environment that promotes safety, environmental compliance, diversity, innovation and high productivity.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and direct employees engaged in the execution of scheduled and emergent work activities, to assure the highest levels of customer service and to achieve safety, reliability and productivity goals.
- Provide leadership to and development of the craft workforce. Coach and evaluate employee performance with timely recognition. Conduct performance reviews and identify growth and learning opportunities for employees. Execute labor strategies involving employees covered under the collective bargaining agreement.
- Work within departmental budgets. Plan resource coverage and execute work activities directed at achievement of business plans and business unit objectives. Develop alternative courses of action that are based on logical assumptions and factual information after considering resources, constraints, and organizational values. Recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
- Respond to emergent equipment conditions and coordinate emergency response to restore system configuration and/or service to customers.Requires 24-hour on-call responsibilities and varied work schedules, as required by business needs.
- Promote and maintain an environment that fosters a high performance culture and a learning organization. Ensure an environment that respects and promotes diversity. Serves as a change agent for business initiatives and assures the human element is understood and considered. Facilitates open and honest communication with staff.
*Education- High School diploma or equivalent
Experience- 5 to 8 years of industry experience in various engineering, construction or operating assignments.
- Valid drivers license
- Successful completion of Supervisory Assessment.
Knowledge- Demonstrated knowledge of T & D operating, maintenance & construction work practices, utility collective bargaining agreements and regulatory issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, build consensus, establish trust, and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to support and enforce safe work behaviors#CD# this requires working knowledge of safety rules and work practices.Preferred:
Education- Associates degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
- Electric industry background in the construction, maintenance and troubleshooting of transmission & substation equipment and systems.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Technical understanding of transmission and substation components and system protection devices and schemes.
- Familiarity with the local collective bargaining agreement.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business and utility financial acumen, customer awareness, and ability to create value.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in a high-performance culture, including coaching and facilitating business competency and performance management skills.
- Reports to the Manager Substations- T & S and is responsible for directing the safe work performance of an average workforce of 9-20 employees.
- Directs employees engaged in the safe execution of the construction, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of company substation facilities. ; These responsibilities include preventative/corrective maintenance, capacity expansion, and system reinforcement activities within the assigned regional operating area.
- Responsible for the environmental stewardship of substation equipment and facilities in an effort to minimize the impact on the surrounding community and natural resources.
- Provides input into the planning, implementation and execution of the operations, maintenance and reliability programs.
- Responsible for implementing labor strategies involving employees covered under the local Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Determines manpower and equipment requirements necessary for scheduled and emergent work to ensure maximum utilization of substation crews.
- Must be able to maintain effective internal business controls. Performs safety audits, meetings, investigations, and employee performance reviews.
- Provides coaching and on-the-job technical training.
- Regular contact with leadership of Distribution System Operations, Transmission System Operations, Construction & Maintenance, Transmission and - Substation, Work Management, Engineering, Asset Management, and local union stewards. ; Other contacts include municipal leaders and major industrial customers and various municipality organizations (fire, police etc).
- Responsible for the substation maintenance associated with Exelon Nuclear Power Plants and emergency & planned outage support of electrical equipment internal to the plant.
- Direct Reports: 8-20
- Indirect Reports: none
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
205 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.