Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Mays Landing
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 08330
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the management of the Regulatory Affairs relationship, case management, resolving escalated complaints, stakeholder and constituent concerns, and compliance. Its scope and primary purpose is to support PHIs Power Delivery business plan in the Regulatory and Government arena and to be the key point of contact between the Company and the regulatory commissioners, commission staffs, Rate Counsel, and local and state government agencies as needed. This position is also responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance in New Jersey including maintaining and operating the Regulatory Compliance System, coordination with internal personnel on the development of compliance filings, and making the appropriate regulatory filings. This position is also responsible for external reporting on regulatory matters, including coordination, development and primary certification of SEC reports on regulatory matters, information developed for quarterly earnings calls, development of regulatory information for ratings agencies, and similar requests for regulatory information. This position will coordinate regulatory activities in New Jersey including acting as a liaison for Commission Staff members and other key stakeholders.
Manage the personnel and activities of the Regulatory Affairs group. Utilize expertise in Company regulatory policies, procedures and rate tariffs to serve as company liaison with regulatory agencies. Facilitate communication between company personnel and regulatory agencies. Monitor and communicate changes in regulatory rules and policy. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Serve as liaison between regulatory agencies and the Company to provide information to or request action of the Commissioners and or Commission Staff. Responsibilities include attendance at all public meetings of the Commission and preparation of summaries of Commission actions or decisions for distribution to corporate management.
- Lead and/or assist internal Company work groups in drafting filings, analyzing and responding to compliance issues and developing regulatory strategy. Facilitate communications between Company personnel and regulatory personnel to assess the technical needs of regulators and to maximize their satisfaction.
- Influence the success of rate case filings and other matters before the Commission by advocating the companys position before the Commission. Financial value of pending cases may range from $1 million- $200 million.
- Influence and monitor changes in regulatory rules and policy in order to protect the companys interests and ensure that changes are in line with direction of the Company. This is accomplished through communications with other utilities, analysis of rate orders and interaction with state and national associations.
- Promote Companys efforts to be a premier utility in the rates and regulatory areas by taking leadership responsibilities within trade associations and working groups.
- Interface with other departments in company and represent company to outside organizations engaged in similar business functions. Work collaboratively with Corporate Center, Business Services, and other Business Units.
- Bachelors Degree Engineering. Political Science or Economics or other related discipline and 8 10 years relevant experience
MBA and/or JD
- Demonstrated knowledge of commission regulations and relevant statutory provisions.
- Demonstrated high level of customer focus.
- Proven leadership ability in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Demonstrated business acumen, employee awareness and ability to create value.
- The Regulatory Affairs Manager is required to continuously monitor and influence allactivities and regulatory initiatives.
- Responsible for influencing outcome of pending proceedings that may have values from $1 million to $200 million (base rate cases could be valued as high as $900 million). ?
- Strong relationships and expert knowledge in regulatory requirements is required to protect the Company against any financial loss and or regulatory fines.
- The job requires the ability to maintain strong, open relationships with regulators and their staff to ensure that the Company's policy objectives are given consideration.
- The job also requires frequent travel to Harrisburg and attendance at industry associations and commissioners' association functions.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
52 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.