Distribution Engineer (6373031)
Posted by: Aerotek on June 13, 2018 at 03:40:04.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28202
Currently seeking a Distribution Engineer for a long term opportunity with a reputable company local to the Independence area. Qualified candidates will have the following experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum of eight years progressively responsible professional engineering and supervisory experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) required
- Requires knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code, National Electric Code, and principles of advanced theories of engineering
- Must be skilled in basic budgetary practices, administrative principles, project management, and computer usage including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Requires effective written and oral communication skills, ability to deliver effective presentations and the ability to exercise authority over assigned work function
- Must be able to creatively problem solve and conduct research; summarizing a variety of informational and statistical data
- Requires good organizational skills, ability to meet established deadlines, and ability to motivate staff
- Responsible for the development and implementation of long-range plans for the utility's distribution system
- Duties include the establishment of goals and strategies for implementation of system expansion and improvements related to distribution engineering operations and projects.
- Prepares annual operation and capital budgets for the distribution system group.
- Will review and approve all related engineering and planning activities associated with the development and implementation of construction and material standards used in the design and operation of utility distribution engineering systems.
- Responsible for the review and approval of project concepts/drawings assigned to subordinate staff and monitors progress, reviewing and approving completed projects.
- Duties include the design of special projects beyond routine expertise of subordinate staff.
- Will confer with management, consulting firms, regulating agencies, special interest groups, neighboring and City engineers and other members of the community to keep abreast of issues that may impact how and when engineering related problems should be addressed.
- Duties include making presentations to division employees regarding system updates and specifications and attending staff meetings.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
126 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.