Mechanical Engineeer / Energy Efficiency Engineer (6385951)
Posted by: Aerotek on June 12, 2018 at 03:40:04.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 99301
This full-time contract Energy Efficiency Engineer 1 position resides in the Energy Efficiency Services Group (PEJD) within the Power Services (P) business line. Energy Efficiency advances the efficient use of energy throughout the Pacific Northwest by working with utility customers, trade allies, industry, and other partners. This engineering position will support our company and our customers in meeting the 7th Power Plan targets throughout the Pacific Northwest. This position is located in Pasco, Washington.
- Must be able to pass a Personnel background check pursuant for Public Trust (SF-85P), for which the selected candidate must qualify to hold or continue to hold the position.
- Approximately 30% travel to field locations will be required
- Up to 5% Overtime may be required
- Valid Driver's License is required
- First Aid/AED/CPR Certification required within 30 days of assignment start. The worker/employer is responsible for maintaining current certification.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required for all field travel:
- ASTM F2413-11, Class 75EH rated footwear with over the ankle lace up and rigid sole and heel. Arc Flash-rated footwear requirements: The exterior of the boot must be made entirely of natural materials all leather or a leather and rubber combination.
- White Hard Hat required for Access Permit holder
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- Dust Mask
- Hand protection (work gloves) as needed
- Electrical and Arc Flash protective clothing and PPE as required by OSHA and consistent with copmany Safety and health policy for electric work inside and around the companies substation facilities (Occasional user - up to 4-5 days per month).
- Other appropriate/required PPE, as required by State or Federal OSHA for the work to be performed.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required.
- Mechanical engineering degree is preferred.
- Electrical, process/ industrial degrees or a directly related technical/engineering degree will be considered.
- 2 - 3 years of demonstrated experience in EE (Energy Efficiency) engineering is required.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in EE Engineering is preferred.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing systems and processes with heat transfer, fluid dynamic and thermodynamic principals for energy efficiency improvements is required.
- Familiarity and experience with energy savings calculations, energy models (i.e. DOE-2, OpenStudio, eQuest, Energy Plus) and data analysis methodologies and develop Measurement and Verification plans is required.
- 1 year proven experience in customer service is highly desired.
- Project Management experience is highly desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Software including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook; (proficiency MS Office 2010 or newer is required).
- Slower paced environment
- Somewhat flexible hours depending on department (7 instead of 8 start time)
- Business casual attire
- Often times waiting on other for approval, signing, paperwork, etc.
- Very independent work style (not a lot of supervision)
- Deadline driven
- Proven ability to model and analyze mechanical systems desirable.
- Experience with commissioning of commercial & industrial HVAC&R systems for energy efficiency desirable.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
628 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.