NERC Compliance Spec Assc (320072)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on July 19, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: New Albany
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 43054
Duration (-/+) 6 months
Location- New Albany, OH
Local candidates only
Position Summary: Assist in ensuring compliance for Transmission Operations regarding the NERC reliability standards as applied by all Regional Reliability Organizations (RROs); collaborating with Transmission, Generation, Commercial Operations, and Corporate in compliance matters; interfacing with these business units in the standards development/review process. Assist with standards development, ensuring appropriate systems are in place to track and monitor compliance, perform daily tasks to monitor compliance, and assist with performing quarterly/yearly reviews to demonstrate compliance. Works under supervision and works closely with higher-level employees to accomplish tasks.
1. Assist in performing tasks required to ensure compliance with the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) reliability standards applicable to AEP. The tasks required vary widely relative to the standards measures, as such; tasks would be assigned to make best use of the successful candidate's background. These tasks would be principally related to processes and procedures developed to comply with the applicable NERC suite of standards. This includes:
2. a. Validating report data against approval lists.
3. b. Generating reports to save as audit evidence.
4. c. Collaborating with other AEP business units to compile and validate evidence.
5. Assist the Manager Transmission NERC Compliance to ensure that reliability standards strategy, documentation, and associated evidence are aligned and consistent with AEP policy and strategy.
6. Collaborate with other Transmission Organizations, Commercial Operations, Generation and Corporate in compliance monitoring and tracking.
7. Assist in maintaining systems to track/monitor compliance with the NERC reliability standards
8. Assist in ensuring appropriate processes are in place to track/monitor newly developed standards.
9. Review developing standards to enhance the monitoring and tracking of NERC reliability compliance standards and facilitate record keeping of evidence associated with said standards.
10. Assist in ensuring that appropriate evidence is captured to meet compliance requirements.
11. Assist in periodic audits performed by the RROs to assess AEP compliance with the full range of NERC reliability standards; assist in performing internal audits as required.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Associate's degree in business administration, computer science, engineering, or related field, or High School Diploma / GED and two (2) years of experience in compliance and/or Information Technology.
Experience: No experience required except as noted above.
Additional Information: Requirements - Other:
1) Demonstrate the highest standards of ethical behavior and support the Company's Corporate Compliance policy.
2) Strong skills in communication, issue resolution, organization, and facilitation are essential.
3) Solid understanding of the business unit / operating company systems is preferred.
4) Experience with SCADA systems preferred.
Evaluate current Compliance requirements and assist in determining applicable evidence.
Coordinate with process experts in the creation of documentation consisting of evidence description and gathering instructions.
Coordinate the review of evidence documentation with internal Compliance team members.
Facilitate coordination meetings with all process experts in a timely and professional manor.
65 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.